urrently under development by The Problem is a MIDI sequencer, especially aimed
at live performance. It is completely dedicated to performing live on-stage,
and allows for improvisation and live-mixing of music. Sequences can be
pre-recorded and live-mixed, or sequences can be recorded and played back
on-stage in realtime, seamlessly.
The current stage of development makes it impossible to tell you much about
it. Don't expect this program to be released within a short period of
time. Once it is finished, you will know through this webpage.
Some of the features we have in mind:
- Instant Replay Recording. Play a preset number of bars. ProSEQ will
record them, and start loop-playing them back while you play. The new
information is also recorded and played back. This way you can build a
song on-stage, completely from scratch, or starting from pre-recorded
- Automatic transposing features. Sequences can be made to automatically
transpose to a note hit on the keyboard. Also with chord-recognition.
Record different sequences for different chords.
- Drag and drop interface where possible. Sequences can be dropped onto a
timeline while playing or recording.
- Virtually all function of the program can be controlled via
user-definable MIDI messages (any kind).
- Realtime effect such as quantise are ofcourse available.
- Much more... If you have an idea as to what the ideal sequencer should
look like, don't be holding it back: tell us.
ProSEQ will be developed for Amiga and BeOS. More news here, when it
becomes available (not too soon). (And not for PC, hehe -WEd).